Friday, March 21, 2014

The E-Books Chronicles: Insurgent

For some reason almost all of the second books in trilogies on my kindle.

Insurgent:


Highlights:
  • "Sometimes," he says, sliding his arm across my shoulders,"people just want to be happy, even if it's not real." Page 68
  • "Divergent," he says. "Well done." Bring her to the elevator bank. We'll decide which ones to kill and which ones to bring back later" Page 183Wha
  • Eric is standing right behind me. Page 185
  • "I want a gun on her at all times," says Eric. "Not just aimed at her. On her." Page 188
  • Maybe I can't hold a gun. But I have a knife in my back pocket. Page 189
  • We both have war inside of us. Sometimes it keeps us alive. Sometimes it threatens to destroy us. Page 242
  • But he knows exactly where to hit Tobias, and how hard. And one of the places to hit Tobias hardest is to hit me. Page 271
  • Maybe we are not the ones deciding if Eric lives or dies. Maybe he is the one who decided that, when he did all those terrible things. Page 273
  • To her this execution is just an inconvenience. Page 273 - 274
  • I decide to keep the shirt to remind me why I chose Dauntless in the first place: not because they are perfect, but because they are alive. Because they are free. Page 283
  • ...this will happen again. It will never happen again. Page 301
  • "What did you do?" I scream. "You die, I die too." Tobias looks over his shoulder at me. "I asked you not to do this. You made your decision. These are the repercussions." Page 338
  • Cruelty does not make a person dishonest, the same way bravery does not make a person kind. Page 351
  • "Insurgent," he says. "Noun. A person who acts in opposition to the established authority, who is not necessarily regarded as belligerent." Page 458
  • "People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. Page 458
  • Then the shouting begins. Page 525

No comments:

Post a Comment